Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Body Data plate questions...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Body Data plate questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
army_inc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Body Data plate questions... Reply with quote

Ok, so first I'd like to vent about Bubba and how I hate him. If I ever meet bubba in real life, I'll beat the $&% out of him.

Ok, now that my rant is over. I pulled off the data plate off of the body behind the passenger seat and couldn't read a thing off of the plate except "MD 26118" Any idea where to find out what kind of info is on the plate or where to buy a new one and restamp it? I'm getting discouraged because bubba messed this A1 up pretty bad. Plus, my buddy who helped me when I checked it out said it was a good one... now I just keep finding more and more problems... Any help on the data plate would be great. Thanks guys.
bluewatersailor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: PATENT PLATE BEHIND PASSENGER SEAT - AJP Reply with quote

Army Jeep Parts Co. sells replacement "Patent" plates and for $12.50 extra will stamp it with your serial number (proof required).
" Plate, name, patent and serial number right wheel house panel. AJP production. Best repro avail. Correct .016 aluminum per factory. Stamping avail for 12.50 additional charge. Copy of title or bill of sale must be provided for this service. Plate included mnting screws. SKU: WO-800766
Weight: 0.90 Price: $11.00 "
RICKG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, not to get off topic here but we all warned you about Bubba
back on your 1st post Wink I dont have answers to your data plate
questions but i'll offer a suggestion based on my own experience.
When i brought home my M-38 project i couldnt wait to polish up
my brass data plates!! Oh and i gotta have new vacuum wiper motors
and the 24v rt fender slave cable. With my plates polished, new wiper motors, etc i was beaming till i looked over at my Jeep with the 3 busted
head bolts, 2 flat tires, missing fuel pump and so on. You get the picture.
I realized the traps and trimmings werent getting me any closer to
"gettin mud on the tires". Youve got a lot of work to do and it's best
to prioritize early on. No offense intended-just a tale of experience.
army_inc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know I was warned about Bubba. It's just frustrating. I'm at a stand still as of right now. I need to get a steering wheel puller to take of the cadillac steering wheel. Once I get that off, I can take off the dash panel that Bubba riveted together. He put the steering wheel through the light switch hole and riveted the steering wheel channel for the original wheel shut. Just getting frustrated that's all. I know I'll eventually get it done. About the plate, I took it off a while ago and left it in my shop. I found it today and was like, well, looks like I'll clean this off.
army_inc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: PATENT PLATE BEHIND PASSENGER SEAT - AJP Reply with quote

bluewatersailor wrote:
Army Jeep Parts Co. sells replacement "Patent" plates and for $12.50 extra will stamp it with your serial number (proof required).
" Plate, name, patent and serial number right wheel house panel. AJP production. Best repro avail. Correct .016 aluminum per factory. Stamping avail for 12.50 additional charge. Copy of title or bill of sale must be provided for this service. Plate included mnting screws. SKU: WO-800766
Weight: 0.90 Price: $11.00 "

I think I'll just buy the plate. I'm sure the sheet metal shop at work has the stamping tools to mark my plate. It'll save me an extra 12 bucks. It may not be the same size, but either way, it's still military as the sheet metal shop works on black hawks Very Happy
RICKG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

army_inc wrote:
Yes I know I was warned about Bubba. It's just frustrating.

There will be good days "OH YEAH" and bad days"OH %$#@^&%$!!"
NIGHT STALKERS DONT QUIT.. Being a BLACKHAWK guy i'm sure
you're familiar with the motto of the 160th SOAR.
army_inc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RICKG wrote:
army_inc wrote:
Yes I know I was warned about Bubba. It's just frustrating.

There will be good days "OH YEAH" and bad days"OH %$#@^&%$!!"
NIGHT STALKERS DONT QUIT.. Being a BLACKHAWK guy i'm sure
you're familiar with the motto of the 160th SOAR.

160th? I've heard of them Laughing Yeah, today is just one of those days in general. My neighbors house was broken into yesterday and for some odd reason, my dad isn't answering his phone or returning phone calls. I'm hoping he's ok. I've just got a lot on my mind and I'd like to work on the jeep to take my mind off of things... but I don't have a steering wheel puller to take of the wheel... It's just annoying.
army_inc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I rented a steering wheel puller from advanced auto parts and thankfully it was $20 when I rented it. Once I returned it, I got my $20 back. So I couldn't go wrong there. I got the steering wheel off. Now I just need to start a resto thread with pictures... May do that soon. Now I just need to figure out how to get the steering wheel base off before I can take the dash off. Just talking to you guys helped me get in the garage. Thanks.
miljeep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like too mention download the manuals or buy them they will take you step by step on any problum you will find in the restore of your M38A1
Scott O&O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: