Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Weapons on Board
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weapons on Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dod03-52

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Weapons on Board Reply with quote

I have a de-milled M1 Garand with a red muzzle plug, that I want to carry in my M38 w/s rifle rack. Will I get a hassle from the police----I live in Minnesota
Any one have a story to tell
skyjeep50

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Weapons Reply with quote

Your best bet is to call the local police dept. and ask them. In my area they said carring weapons (an M1919) was permitted only in organized parades or car shows.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not aware of any display restrictions on inoperable firearms and inoperable replica firearms here in Wisconsin or over on your side of the St Croix.

Keep your hands on the steering wheel when you get pulled over. Wink

Demilled units should not be left displayed in an unattended vehicle unless you like buying new ones. Embarassed

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
paladin6

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: You "should" be fine Reply with quote

This topic is one I happen to be intimate with. I've been a gunsmith for over 20yrs. Without getting into a lengthy diatribe, the best of all worlds is to get a cop that knows the law. The law allows for "non-guns" to be dealt with however you want, it's a non gun after all. The reality is a little diff. Since yours has the red/orange dooflochy, did you get a letter along with it from the BATF (aka. jack booted thugs or Bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms)? If it didn't come with it, then ask the manufacturer for one. They have to have one on file, if it used gun parts (and it did) it was declared a "non-gun" in an offficial letter. That's your next line of defense. If you run into a real jerk, you will get arrested and the toy will be confiscated. In San Francisco and D.C. I would be very careful, in the rest of free America, you should not have any issues and if somebody does hassle you always be calm and remember there isn't a gun involved.

If your interested in carrying real guns which is also legal, www.packing.org is a great site with state by state rules. never looked, they may have info on non-guns.

BTW, real guns at public gatherings is a huge no-no. So understand if an honest cop is a bit freaked out. They should recognize immediatly the orange tip and calm down, but just a heads up, they are sensitive to that.

It's also possible that local districts have a need for a permit to have "display weapons".

Anyway, I wind on. I'm passionate about my Second Amendment Rights and weapons.

A
'75 CJ5
and counting...
dv3468

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen: I agree with Mr. Paladin6. I am a retired trooper from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey and enjoy going to parades and car shows. My advice to my fellow "normal" jeep driving/gun owning" brothers is to keep your weapons covered until you get to your parade or car show. The only problem I ever heard about was from one of my military vehicle club members. He was stopped by a local police officer as he was driving his jeep with his 1919 exposed as he was driving from one event to the other. The police officer stopped him to advised him to cover the weapon up so that some nitwit doesn't call the police to report a guy with a gun driving down main street! Personally, I stick a dummy 8 round enbloc clip on the sling of my M-1 Garand when I'm in a parade or car show, just to piss up the democrats!!!!!

Happy Motoring Very Happy Very Happy
paladin6

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you, man!!
A
'75 CJ5
and counting...
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The up side is "For every bad guy or Prick in every profession there are at least 10 good guys." Very Happy

The down side is, At the rate we are going "2nd amendment rights" will be a long lost phrase. Wink

I have found that even with the pricks if you remain calm, do as you are told and avoid any confrontational discussion you will survive to drive another day. You can't win a frontal assault on an armed police officer. Not without ending up in jail. Best thing is to pick your fights wisely. Wink

Last time I tangled with a NJ Trooper was 1965. Me in my Chevy and he in his blown Chrysler Hemi chase car on the brand new Atlantic City expressway in Turnersville/Berlin area. Wink

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having lived in NJ for years, and still having family there, I echo the remarks about the Peolples Republic of NJ. Ironic since they were the first state to have universal suffrage. Here in MA we sometimes have the same problem, but it's more on a town by town basis. Cambridge and Boston, of course! The "natives" go nuts. But many of the other towns and local/state PD/Troopers just want to lessen their headaches and usually will not hassle you, especially if you're a veteran or serving military.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was also a southern sympathizer during the Civil War.

dod03-52

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question has kicked up a lot of stories and memories--Here is another one--my temp gage I bought on e-bay is coming from Vietnam----left behind in 1975--paid for it once and paying again---what parts will we get from Iraq in 30 years?
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really want to ask/know from Iraq? It will probably be left over HME, Semtex, or disgruntled "natives".
C15TA

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a concealed carry permit for NY. I crossed the US border at Buffalo from Canada and had no difficulty then. Once I was stopped by a trooper for speeding and when he was at my window I told him I had a weapon in the vehicle and why. I explained that I used it at a shooting range in NY. I told him it was unloaded as required and opened my glovebox to show him. Out fell a bayonet and he freaked. Why was I carrying around that weapon. He couldn't have cared less about the gun, only what was I going to do with that big knife. I didn't get the speeding ticket and had to put the bayonet in the trunk. The 44 magnum was okay in the glovebox.??
Barry
dv3468

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You see, the troopers aren't so bad after all!!! Wink
TomM

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: www.packing.org Reply with quote

www.packing.org
This website doesnt look like it is active any longer. Any other sites?
Tom
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built my 1919A4 according to ATF rules, semi-auto. Was in Casper Wyo.'s memorial Day parade with my '45 MB leading. Gun was mounted and 5 police approaced me looking at the open barrel over the windshield. They said: Is that real, I said Yes. Will it shoot?, I said Yes. Got any ammo for it? I said No, and got very nervous. Then they asked me one more question------Do you want some? I relaxed and said No! They laughed and went back to their patrol cars and bikes. I like Wyo.!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: