Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38 Battery and Voltage regulator supports- who has these?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38 Battery and Voltage regulator supports- who has these?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fubar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: M38 Battery and Voltage regulator supports- who has these? Reply with quote

Hello All,
First posting here at the Willys M series forum. Longtime member over at G503 with the name Mike D. I notice many familar names over here from the G.

I'm to the point I'm needing the battery support 7347736 and the voltage regulator support 7375364 that mounts to the frame. Mine were torched off. I did a quick search here and didn't turn up much of anything.

I take it that these are not reproduced yet?

One reply to a post hints at fabricating a voltage regulator bracket. I get the feeling these two supports are not found on the loose?

Hope to get a photo gallery going here soon. Here is a link to my post last December at the G http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=108997&highlight=mike Just completed repairing my tub and applied the final coat of primer. All parts are sandblasted and primed and getting ready to spray paint soon.
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: parts Reply with quote

Give John at Midwest Military supply..You never know what he has around..
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A scrap frame is the usual source. I believe if you search here you'll find measurements for fabricating the regulator support I posted some time ago for someone.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Fubar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes,
I was doing a Google search on the battery support and bumped into a post on G503 that had two drawings showing how to fabricate one. Were these the drawings you are talking about?

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=626959&sid=cab9ed0e8021d2e4afde4c698e7c2f22

I called Ron and he has these regulator frame brackets NOS for $40 so one problem is taken care of!!

I was looking at an M-606(CJ3B) we have at the shop and the battery support looks pretty close but you'd have to modify the front leg that welds to the crossmember. It's just slightly on an angle on the CJ3B instead of straight across like the M38 support. Anybody ever modified one of these out of the lack of anything better to use?

The riveted end(closest to the firewall) looks identical as does the center support bracket that is riveted to the flat top of the bracket and welds to the frame. Just not sure of if there are any height/width differences between the 3B battery support and the M38 battery supportsupport.

This battery support is the first road block I've hit so far. Didn't realize these aren't reproduced anywhere. It's got me at a standstill until I get a resolution one way or the other.
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I set you up a photo gallery on the last page 6.

Very Happy
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should help on locating your new regulator brackets:

I believe the M38 and the M38A1 shields are similar but the A1 is 3" longer in the front. Here's the A1.

Here's a few of the battery tray:

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Last edited by wesk on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Fubar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ryan!

Wes,
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Thanks! I have a small sheetmetal shop at work so I'll make that splash sheild when I go back to work in January.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: