Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Army footlockers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Army footlockers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltsaile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Army footlockers Reply with quote

ltsaile writes-
I realize this is off the usual subject and mainly directed to WWII & Korean war vets - or if you have a foot locker my size.
I have my original Army foot locked. There was a tray in it but that is long gone. I am trying to build a new one and need the spec's for it. The locker itself measures 29" long X 16" deep X 11.5" high.
There are many different sizes I've come to find out.
I built a tray 27.5" long x 15" deep 4.25" high. The lid will not close over it... the 15" or 4.25" may be wrong.
Without my playing around- do any of you out there have a foot locker that size and can just measure your tray for me?
jim e-mail please at jimkel@q.com
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this will help but the wooden Army footlocker I had in OCS that could well have been at least Vietnam era had one single tray that fit just inside of the footlocker, but sat on a couple of wooden slats or cleats at each end. We stuffed the $&% out of them but the tops still were closeable and the hinges had enough play to enable use to do that. So maybe some wooden cleats will help to size the right tray. I've seen the footlockers with two trays or one as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: