Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - MVPA members just got screwed!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MVPA members just got screwed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChuckW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: MVPA members just got screwed! Reply with quote

Please check out the latest reports on the MVPA winter board meeting on the G503. The Board of Directors is totaly out of control now, creating positions and appointing voting members, totally ignoring the will of the club membership as indicated in the last election. What has the MVPA done for you or your club lately?
Dixie Division MVC #002
1952 M38/M100
M274A2
1964 CJ3B
GregS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months back my membership expired and I didn't renew. I just didn't see the advantage. Over the years I have been a member of a handful of different clubs and organizations and all seemed to have great fun and moved in a foreward direction. I don't get the same feeling with the MVPA.

With other clubs that I left I always got a follow up letter or something asking about my experience or why I didn't renew. So far with the MVPA nothing.......

The folks on these boards are where it is at for me.
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just renewed in the Fall, and to be honest I am not impressed with the MVPA. It appears to be a good ole boys club and we the suckers are there to provide funds for the board to spend as they see fit... ( I make and assumtption that the MVPA reimberses certain expenses)

I plan on writing a letter requesting my membership be cancelled and any funds returned...

I have gotten more information here and the "G" than from the MVPA...
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sad to see things turn out for the worse.

The MVPA has so much potential and I hate to see it wasted.

Is there no way of getting the members to vote on a referendum or make some amendments so that things can change for the better?

Crying or Very sad
ChuckW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan, I hate to say it, but it looks like Lee Holland and his band of cronies won the war. Of course, it's a lot easier to win when you make up the rules as you go along. The rank and file membership voted Kenton Tucker out, but the BOD put him right back in, this time in a non-elected, permant, board voting position. The rank and file membership repeatedly asked to reinstate Jim Gilmore, but Lee and his cronies not only kicked Jim out, they did everything they could to distroy his name by spreading rumors of sexual misconduct.

I was one of those who kept saying, "Let's give them the benefit of the doubt....there will be a Great Revelation and it will all become perfectly clear." I feel like a fool now.
Dixie Division MVC #002
1952 M38/M100
M274A2
1964 CJ3B
Galen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let my membership expire for many of the reasons listed already, but also because I didn't see the point in paying for a "magazine" that is nothing other than a vehicle for generating revenue via advertising fees. It is a poor resource for information (with the exception of Army Motors, but it only comes out a few times a year) & barely covers events around the country.

Resources such as this forum, the Gee & other homegrown internet sites are a much more valuable resource than another good ole boys' club.

My 2 cents.
Bob_C
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally just kinda stood on the sidelines and watched what happened last fall unfold, and didn't really do much -- cause as we all know, the internet is great for polarizing opinions and starting really nasty flame wars. However, reading what just went on now makes my blood boil.

This is extremely unfortunate. An organization like the MVPA has tons of potential. But you have these board members screwing the membership over, which in turn (and rightfully so) is pissing everyone off.

I sent an email today to all of the directors listed in Supply Line about this. I dont expect to get any good responses, but I just want to inform them that they have yet another member pissed off at their actions.

In CAP, we're tought to confront a problem and fix it with whatever resources we can get our hands on -- not abandon it. As such, I'm still not really for disbanding the MVPA as I see it has great potential. But I think Charles Varner and his good ole boys should be outta there. I hope a group of people can come up with some productive course of action to get rid of the problem, instead of all of the flamewar stuff going on on the G503.
MikeW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why I have never joined the MVPA, every time I'm ready to do so stuff like this comes up and I change my mind. I grew up playing in WW2 mv's as a kid so I hae a lot of interest in the vehicles but not the BS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: