Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Help with firewall data plate and year
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with firewall data plate and year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosshoff

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Help with firewall data plate and year Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I am more of a CJ-2A guy. The M stuff, I know very little about. I took a look at a Jeep today which I believe is a Military model. The firewall data plate had the following numbers engraved into it: "452-GB1" "27526" and then in smaller font almost free-handed "1138". What is this thing? I looked into the serial number lists, but don't understand it. Did I miss some letters in the prefix? I took a bunch of pictures. Some of the stuff looked like it was stuck on to make the Jeep look "military", other stuff looked like it belonged. For instance, it had antennae bases at both rear corners.? This seemed like it was just stuck on for parades, etc. The tub is completely trashed. The only body parts which are salvageable are the grill and hood, and a lot of little pieces.
Bosshoff

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Photos Photos Photos Reply with quote

I added a bunch of pictures to my PhotoBucket album, as I know everyone loves pictures. Anyone want to give me an idea of what they would pay for this? I do not know if the engine is free.

http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n614/bosshoff/
m38mc

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ-3A
kb1ics
Bosshoff

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Cj-3A Reply with quote

Ok, Cj-3A, got it. Doesvanyone see any parts worth anything? I am unfamiliar whith the heater. I don't know about the switch located to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. What about the antennae bases? The guy wants a ton, and i want to et this for as little as I can. If i can recoup a few bucks passing on some parts, great. Thanks for the help.[/u]
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firewall plate makes it a late 1952 CJ3A.

The Tub is a very early MD Juan aftermarket repop generic model tub they sold in the 60/70's. That is why it combines the MB glove box with the M series instrument cluster.

Heater is a aftermarket under dash unit sold by outfits like JC Whitney and Sears in the 60/70's.

It's worth whatever he can get by the pound at the salvage yard. Most locations this is about $300. The reason I say this is the jeep has no remaining pedigree. It is a little bit CJ3A, a lot foreign built repop, a wee bit of GI hardware and a ton of rust.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: