Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Restored M38 for sale
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restored M38 for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajBen
Major, USMC, Retired

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Restored M38 for sale Reply with quote

I have a 1951 M38 for sale. I completed restoration in 2006 or 7; due to health and passing of my son, I must sell Leatherneck. I made a near complete restoration in the 98% original state and have the parts to make it nearly 100%. We had it running like a sewing machine but was only able to drive it some 25 miles. We went through every inch of it and completely eliminated the rust except some possibly under part seams; it included a NOS front floor complete from the front seat to the cowl. All mechanical parts are new or reconditioned except differentials. It is painted USMC Gloss green which not factory but It needs a complete service from front to rear; It was started a year ago and sounded great but not driven. The only problems I remember was some spots on floor which most cleared after driving the few times it was driven and the left front brake grabbed but also cleared after driving. It has been garaged the entire time. I am interested in a 'as is ' sale including a completely restored M100 trailer, a lot of parts, many NOS including a complete NOS distributer, and a host of small real hard to fine small items such as brass nuts for manifold, nuts, springs, etc. Also included is an extensive library including a nearly impossible to find original early M1951 parts manual (bad shape but readable). I have the all correct instrument gages and speedometer with the right factory numbers but they need the bezels painted and installed. Motor, transmission, Steering sector, fuel pump, carburetor, speedometer all restored by professionals. Much more. Thanks for your consideration. >majben1@charter.net< If it won't start it more than likely is the fuel system as it did run great a year ago. Must pickup. Will provide help to load. $15,000 Firm. There are pictures on this site http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Ben-Daugherty&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Semper Fi Ben

RICKG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, 1st my condolences. No one wants to sell something they prize
for the reasons you indicate. Here are hopes for a successful sale and best wishes for improved health. Rick.
kenc80

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i echo Rick. Best of luck with the sale and especially with recovering health!
M38CDNBill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben,

Your jeep deserves a good new home and hope that a real enthousiast will buy this very nice M38.

Best regards
Mjfire1949

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a '52 M38 back in March. If I hadn't, I'd be all over this one. The seller had a trailer, but would not sell. Good luck with the sale and your health. Someone should want this one.
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope all goes well for you. Your jeep with trailer is easily worth what you are asking. Just ask guys like me how much we spent to get just the jeep looking that nice! Best wishes, John
MajBen
Major, USMC, Retired

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, thanks a lot for your posts. I just hope that Leatherneck ends up with someone who will really give it a good service and then start driving it and showing it around to the younger generation with a lot of TLC. I welcome any questions and will give straight answers to the best of my ability---the last thing I want is an unhappy buyer. Over the years, the guys on this site and g503 have offered so much advice and help and I truly recognize their knowledge, experience and devotion to the last flat fender. Semper Fi Ben
MajBen
Major, USMC, Retired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Restored M38 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Folks, This post is to let you know that I am taking Leatherneck off the market; I nearly had it sold but before we had a deal, I felt like getting out and doing some things to get it ready and I decided to keep it in the family as my family has been wanting me to do---so I gave the jeep only to my grandson in law who really wanted it and I have great trust in him to take care of it in Utah where he and his family are moving.

I have a completely restored M100 for sale but really need to wash and polish it before really advertising it. I see there is a real nice one on this site on a raffle. They are saying they have 3000 in it and I don't doubt that for a second. I have well over $2,000. in mine and if some person wanting a really nice M100 painted USMC Gloss Green wants it,2500. Transport at your expense at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Thanks for all your help over the years, Semper Fi Ben

I have several other part including a NOS distributor ready to install---my price is what I paid for it $500. plus shipping
RICKG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Restored M38 for sale Reply with quote

MajBen wrote:
Hi Folks, This post is to let you know that I am taking Leatherneck off the market; I nearly had it sold but before we had a deal, I felt like getting out and doing some things to get it ready and I decided to keep it in the family as my family has been wanting me to do---so I gave the jeep only to my grandson in law who really wanted it and I have great trust in him to take care of it in Utah where he and his family are moving.

Keeping it in the family-that's GREAT Ben-you won't regret it!
Bretto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice end to the story. I'll keep an eye on it when it gets out here. Very Happy
What part of Utah do you know? Too bad I can't afford a M100, they could drag it out here to.
Brett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: