Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Luck
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4x4M38

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Luck Reply with quote

Sometimes it's just as important to be lucky as anything else.

When I started this project, I started spending a lot of time here researching, and making lists of stuff I'd need, short term and down the road.

If something showed up on the radar that I'd need, and the price was right, I'd buy it and put it away.

A month or two back I bought a blackout market lamp for a decent price.
A few weeks later I was able to buy a matched pair, so I bought them. Now I have three.

In planning down the road, and eventual driveabilty, I've been reading and re-reading the electrical and lighting pages here, trying to decide how to retain the military look and function yet be safe on the road.

I just bought a wiring harness that although it might not be for an M38, has the light switch connector and several other connectors, as well as what the seller describes as wiring for a turn signal option. It appears the harness plug is there anyway.

So it was back to the pages and turn signal options. Apparently one of the options the military used was two left rear lights with all functions except for the right blackout brake light. An option here to retain it was to add a smaller blackout light just above the original light mount.

Of course the front grille blackout lights have a different configuration for the lens than a rear blackout marker light.

Well, on a whim, I pulled out the matched pair that had the front lens configuration, then pulled out the first light I had bought, and lo and behold, that blackout marker light has the rear lens configuration.

I'm thinking of buying a lottery ticket......
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
upsmike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a '51 M38 and was thinking of putting turn signals on also. What turn signal switch would you recommend?
4x4M38

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
For me the jury is still out.

Put turn signals in the search box above and use "search for all terms".

You'll come up with several posts that discuss all of it.

Main things look like:
12 or 24 volt?
Military wiring intact?
What light configuration?

The options appear to be the early relay box military and solid state military, or several civvy options.
Brian
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: