Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - PCV VALVE or PCV ORIFICE ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCV VALVE or PCV ORIFICE ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toyvo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wes and Sky. I have an m38. You guy's have a very nice website here.
Wes, I dbbl. checked the fit on the fuel pump. it appears to be installed on the proper side of the lift cam. I'll bet it's that %$^#&@ JC Whitney pump.
I have had problems with their parts before on Volkswagens and I told the owner to look at some other options no matter the cost. Rolling Eyes
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a civvy (also listed for CJ3B CJ5/6 with vac wipers) dual action fuel pump the spacer is not used with it.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Toyvo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[If it's a civvy (also listed for CJ3B CJ5/6 with vac wipers) dual action fuel pump the spacer is not used with it.quote]
How right you are Wesk. You mentioned the civvy in an earlier post and I didn't understand what you were referring to. Upon investigation I discovered that some one replaced the pump before me and installed a civvi pump rather than the original. So no spacer was used. When I came along and found a defective pump I replaced the pump with out the spacer. Of course when you replace a pump with one that looks like the old one you assume it is an original replacement. The new pump would not pump so we were lead to believe it needed a spacer. I then installed the spacer and still no pressure. Then you look at everything else; fuel lines leaking, cam lobe worn, something in the tank. Everything I touched needed a little help so I fixed it all as I went. then came to the conclusion we had a defective replacement pump. Put that pump on today (with the spacer) No pressure. Came here and visited every related post. Looked at pictures of the correct pump and ding ding ding Holly Moses I have a civvi pump , NO SPACER!!!
The replacement pump was defective and a lot of time was wasted on a spacer I didn't need.
Some good came of this, I now have a new mental note about fuel pumps and spacers.
Anyway pump is now working, new fuel and vacuum lines, clean non leaking tank, fresh tune up, valves adjusted, broken intake replaced, and pcv system working. She runs like a fine Swiss watch. Customer so happy he has a new list for me to fix.
Thanks all for your help. I will be back! [/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: