Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38 Original M31a1 Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38 Original M31a1 Mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjsJeeps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: M38 Original M31a1 Mount Reply with quote

Hello,

I am in search of original mounts and any parts or pieces that might be out there for the M31a1 mount m38 jeep. If your a owner of original mounts and/or have the brackets small pieces found on your jeep please contact me. I would be interested in any pictures andor infomation of any holes that may drilled in tub for this mount. Also any that have found welded blocks on frame for the legs. Any or all things interesting with regard to this particular mg mount.

It's interesting that the actual drawings for the associated "a1" parts have yet to be located. I have checked so far with a contact with Rock Island Arsenal for any blueprints with no luck along many other places as well

I have all the tech bulletins and manuals on this mount and know of the information located there. If someone has any contract and/or the issued numbers or any details by the U.S. Military about the this mount awarded to companies like James Cunningham & Sons company that would help as well!

I would like to actually see the original parts and pieces that make this mount up.

Thanks anything I find on them I will forward on and post here as well as another m38 site.
skyjeep50

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are asking about the M31C pedestal mount for the M38A1 Jeep. The M38A1 had mounting lugs welded on the frame to accept the pedestal whereas the M38, being derived from a civilian CJ3A jeep, did not. Using the "search" function on this website turned up many previous discussion threads and references. Here is one: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8598&highlight=m31c
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he is talking about the
Quote:
M31a1 mount m38 jeep
as written in his post. It uses a modified M31C mount, designated the M31A1 MOUNT, with entirely different below the floor support system from the m38A1.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
DjsJeeps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyjeep50 wrote:
I assume you are asking about the M31C pedestal mount for the M38A1 Jeep. The M38A1 had mounting lugs welded on the frame to accept the pedestal whereas the M38, being derived from a civilian CJ3A jeep, did not. Using the "search" function on this website turned up many previous discussion threads and references. Here is one: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8598&highlight=m31c

I really appreciate the help!

I have all the info that you mention. The m31c mount is different then a m31a1 mount it is used specifically by a m38 and they changed the C and call it a1 mount as to prevent a mixed up. You can see this in the references located here and posted by WesK So the M31c mount is a different beast but the same!

Differences the m31a1 has modified legs and the extra plates, blocks etc to which there are no actual dementional drawings of these parts from military or manufacturer. This is the reason I am searching for original m31A1 mounts or pieces left on surplus jeeps that are original parts to this mount.

I have used the pictures TM MWO and made assumptions of the dimensions of the parts, however it's only a educated guess! My intent is to locate the original parts in order to get accurate information. I am also working on a few other possibilities to find the original drawings and or more information

Hope this explains it better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: