Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - cuno oil filter lines?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cuno oil filter lines?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: cuno oil filter lines? Reply with quote

How long (tip to tip) should the oil inlet and outlet lines be for a m38 with a cuno filter (the little one) ?

I was sent lines that measure 11 7/8" and 22" and they are both 2" short for a nice comfortable fit. after clocking the filter to gain any length I could get, I cuold stretch the long one to just barley reach but the hose is so tight it can't be right and the short one is still 1 1/2" short.

I looked in the parts book and under oil lines found two hose lenghts 22 1/2" and 13 1/4" but I can't tell which filter those are for.

And to the best of my knowledge and after looking at all the pictures I'm using all the correct fittings in the correct locations.

Thanks
Keith
9/51 M38
miljeep52

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Midwest Military he used to have the correct ones.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lines with the dimensions listed in their discription are for the Cuno filter. If you read their discriptions carefully you'll note that two of the lines are used with filter H016-0540501 which is the Fram Military Junior filter and the other two lines are used with filter G740-7375060 which is the Cuno filter. The serial numbers are a mistake by the manual writer. Those serial numbers are actually for the M38A1 filter changeover. Except for the first six pilot model M38's that got the Fram Military Junior all the rest of the m38's got the Cuno and the early M38A1's thru serial MD28132 got the Cuno. After MD28132 they got the Fram Military Junior.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Keith

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one know the correct lenth (tip to tip) for the 2 lines?

Thanks
Keith
ACRay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, posted in 2009 with no luck... sorry to revive a old thread, but I too am looking for lines for my M38 Cuno filter. Kaiser Willys was zero help and actually told me that the Cuno filter wasn't original equipment. Does anyone have a measurements or a set of lines they could measure for us?
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Those lines with the dimensions listed in their discription are for the Cuno filter.

As I posted then, the numbers given (22 1/2" & 13 1/4") are the correct numbers for the Cuno installation per the parts manual. If they seem too taught you may not have the correct filter bracket or fitting set-up.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
ACRay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth ... a little FYI. Take it as a grain of salt, but I was basically called a big dummy by Kaiser Willys for asking about Cuno filter lines a week or 2 ago. I was told it wasn't an original part and then told the picture of the Cuno filter I sent was a fuel filter. I know they're the "pros" but the angle of attack they took telling me that my Cuno filter didn't exist was pretty rude. I wanted to thank you guys for dealing with my ignorance as I now have lines enroute that I bought from an eBay seller that deals with Willys parts. Y'all are awesome
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRay wrote:
For what it's worth ... a little FYI. Take it as a grain of salt, but I was basically called a big dummy by Kaiser Willys for asking about Cuno filter lines a week or 2 ago. I was told it wasn't an original part and then told the picture of the Cuno filter I sent was a fuel filter. I know they're the "pros" but the angle of attack they took telling me that my Cuno filter didn't exist was pretty rude.

THERE IS ONE MAN WORKING THERE FOR NOW WHOM NEEDS AN EDUCATION...HE GAVE ME SOME CRAP THE OTHER DAY PERTAINING TO WHEEL BEARINGS I NEEDED..ON MONDAY WHEN MIKE COMES BACK DARN SURE HIS PHONE WILL LIGHT UP OVER IT...BY THE WAY KAISER WILLYS ARE NOT THE PRO'S FOR JEEP PARTS...GO TO THE BIGGER PRO'S
NEED MILITARY ITEMS FOR YOUR PROJECTS JOHN @ MIDWEST MILITARY HAS ALL YOU WILL EVER NEED AND CORRECT FIT EVERY TIME ..
CIVVY WELL YOU KNOW THAT DEAL LOT OF REPOP STUFF FROM ACROSS THE WATERS AND PLENTY OF VENDORS SELLING THE STUFF
Wink
Hawkshadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revisiting an old thread for a moment, but just to confirm in summary:

Cuno: 13 1/4 and 22 1/2

Fram: 11 7/8 and 22

As such, by length cuno lines would work with the Fram filter but Fram lines will NOT work with the cuno filter. Correct?

M38 CDN
52-30718
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: