Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Fittings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fittings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob_C
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Fittings Reply with quote

Hey all,

My M38A1 engine is nearly completely restored! The only thing left is the vacuum, fuel and whatever-else-there-may-be lines (I think Vacuum and fuel are it though).

I called Army Jeep Parts and Midwest and they said they could sell me. Somewhere around 240$ for the two kits total. That's a little more than I'm willing to fork out now, especially for something so...simple. I have the tubing bending and flaring tools, so it shouldnt be too much of a hassle to make them - maybe like a weekends time or something. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has already done this - and already made up a list of what kind of fittings were needed and approximately how much tubing they needed. I figure I can save some time figuring this all out for myself if one of you already did it.

Anyway, if anyone has a list of this stuff, please let me know! Much thanks!
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Drop me an email or check my listing under the For Sale section. As for the rest all the vaccum lines are 3/16 steel except for the 8 copper lines. Most all of the parts are available at NAPA or check out this site

http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/index.html

They ship USPS Priority mail...

I have not fully reasearched the vent lines and fittings required for the M-38A1, but have all but one of my M-38 done, looking for a 3/16" check valve... have found it, but the company will not sell to me as I am not a company...

Hope this helps...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: