Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - 1947 CJ-2A and M38A1 with trailer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1947 CJ-2A and M38A1 with trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: 1947 CJ-2A and M38A1 with trailer Reply with quote

I may get the opportunity to sell a couple of jeeps. The first on is a 1947 CJ2A. It has a koenig top with doors and no back door. The glass is cracked on the passenger side. It also has a koenig winch on the front but it is not a normal pto winch, it has a chain drive on it. Front floors would need to be replaced along with the hat channels but there are no gaping holes in the floor. (Just small pin holes) Outside of the body looks good no obvious rust holes, just dented on the right rear corner. This jeep does run and drive, I do not know condition of brakes.

The M38A1 is rougher than the CJ. There are some holes in the floor and probably on the side panels close to the floor. Front fenders are smashed. It does have a pintle hook and trailer on it that I didnt get a close look at.

What are these two vehicles worth? Is anyone here interested in them?
usma41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need some pic's! Crying or Very sad
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2A anywhere from $500 to $2000

The M38A1 anywhere from $150 to $1500

The trailer anywhere from $20 to $500.

This is the best I can guess based on the very small amount of info you provided.

You should look at these jeeps from the perspective that you are the poor buyer with a very limited budget. Now inspect & evaluate them using that perspective and then provide ALL your observations here along with good detailed digital photos that include a full CLOSEUP shot of the four sides of the vehicle, detailed shots of the dash, seats, floors (top and bottom), lower views of ALL the chassis, closeups of each wheel, axle assemblies, tranny/transfer, any accessories, then detailed top/front/side photos of the engine and firewall, inner fenders and radiator/headlamp rear sides. If there's any history with the vehicles let us know what it is. Give us the engine and body serial for both jeeps and the serial on the trailer. Let us know which data tags are still on the jeep. Let us know if there are ANY non-stock items on the jeep/trailer or any customized areas. Determine if the engines are free or stuck. Look for obvious block cracks especially around the distributor base. If the engines are free then will they start? What are the compression figures. Were the coolant systems full of antifreeze, water or just empty? What did the dipstick oil look like? If either jeep ran was it driveable and if driven how did it perform?

Sounds like a lot but this is the minimum we need to know to offer a fair estimate of worth.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I knew my descriptions were pretty vauge. I just was able to give these jeeps a quick once over yesterday. I will see them again on Saturday and I will try to get this information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: