Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - PTO Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PTO Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: PTO Question Reply with quote

I am in the process of restoring my 52 M38. I do not have any history on iy but I think it may have originally come with a winch. It is essentially unmolested but has been painted at least once and has what I believe to be the original PTO on it but I am not sure. The data plate also has the plate for the winch which I have only seen on M38 with a winch.

My question is:
Is this the correct PTO?
If it is correct does it have any value since I do not have any of the other winch components? I do not plan trying to put together a winch and am not usually in the habit of keeping things I have no use for.

Thanks guys

Dana
Gainesville GA

I will add a photo if I can figure out how to.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dana,

The complete set-up, PTO Ramsey 105, Winch Ramsey 50/50R, Mounting frame, drive shaft and support bearing/bracket start around $2500. The entire set-up is peculiar to the M38 and none of the civvy Ramsey stuff matches up.

This photo album on the Military Ramsey will help:
http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album108&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

When a M38 left Willys with a Winch it had this serial plate:

When a M38 left Willys without a winch it had this serial plate:

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Bill_F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes if you find a complete Ramsey 50 setup for 2500 please forward it to me. The last Ramsey 105a pto I sold alone 5 years ago went for $1000. The hanger bearing is $700 for a repop, I have not seen an orginal for sale in years. The last time I saw just the winch itself go up for sale it sold for 3500 alone.
mdainsd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices are through the roof on those setups. I think Wes is right, if you were in the right place at the right time 2500 could be a starting point.

Unfortunately, Ive never been at the right place at the right time enthuse. I saw one at a meet last year, looked to be the complete setup for adding a winch. Asking price 10,000 dollars Shocked
'52 Dodge M37, '42 GPW, '48 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, '50 CJV-35(U), '51 M38, '42 WC-57 Command Car, '44 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlights, John Deere M-gator, '44 White M3A1 Scout Car
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still recall the IDIOT (FISH) that paid a $104,000 at an auction for a tired looking M38 with twin 50's. Anyone here think the going price for an M38 is over $100,000? Of course not.

Those high asking prices are looking for the FISH (IDIOT) among us to throw his money at it.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Dana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I am pretty sure mine is the 105 setup. I looked at the data plate but it doesnt match either one. I will post a couple of photos when I get the photo accoubt setup or you can PM me and I can forward the pictures.

Thanks again

Dana
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: