Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Vehicle Markings:
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vehicle Markings:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gordo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Vehicle Markings: Reply with quote

Somewhere back through the years I read where vehicle markings using vinyl were authorized in the field by field commanders. I have been looking and am unable to find it. Does anyone know about this? Thanks![/url]
Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle Markings: Reply with quote

Gordo wrote:
Somewhere back through the years I read where vehicle markings using vinyl were authorized in the field by field commanders. I have been looking and am unable to find it. Does anyone know about this? Thanks![/url]

Pressure Sensitive Markings:
Begining in 1964, permanent pressure sensitive markings were allowed to be applied. Note all markings should be the same type....either painted or pressure sensitive, but not a mixture except for the stars, which are allowed in either style even if that differs from the style of the rest of the markings. For US Army vehicles the pressure sensitive markings are white vinyl.

So a Jeep staying in the service past 64' could of had vinyl markings applied during a motorpool repaint. I sell a lot of the vinyl marking kits for the Jeeps because people like how easy and clean they are to apply and give a nice look even if they are technically not correct for that era Jeep.
Delta Team Decals http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Last edited by Beast on Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
billybob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Vehicle markings. Reply with quote

You mentioned Delta Team Decals. That's where I got mine and I just want to say that I highly recommend them. I made a mistake on my order and he went out of his way to help me get it corrected. A very good person to talk to.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle markings. Reply with quote

billybob wrote:
You mentioned Delta Team Decals. That's where I got mine and I just want to say that I highly recommend them. I made a mistake on my order and he went out of his way to help me get it corrected. A very good person to talk to.

Thanks billybob, we pride ourselves on providing great products and trying to take care of all our customers needs.
Delta Team Decals http://www.deltateamdecals.com/
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle markings. Reply with quote

billybob wrote:

Same here - always get my stencils from them. Also MUCH cheaper than other options! Always a pleasure to work with them whether you need 1 custom stencil/decal or a whole vehicle set!
'51 USMC M100 trailer, '54 M100 trailer, '90 M101a1 trailer
Http://wilfreeman.wordpress.com (M38a1 build blog)
http://m38a1usmc.wordpress.com (USMC M38a1 rebuild blog)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eades

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x3 for Delta Team Decals. I plan on contacting Dave for the paint masks for my M38. I purchased the pressure sensitive vinyl for my M715 and the product was outstanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: