Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Quarantine Benefit - Work on the M-38A1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quarantine Benefit - Work on the M-38A1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Quarantine Benefit - Work on the M-38A1 Reply with quote

Well, with the shelter in place order out here in Oklahoma. I have taken to renew the restoration of my '54 M-38A1. It has been sitting in my garage over the winter and not much progress was made. I am doing the body work and do not like to weld in my garage (I push it outside into the driveway to weld and grind, Safety First).

I fired up the compressor and sandblasted some parts, earlier this week and got them painted before the rains came back. So I decided to take the dash panel off and clean it up and get it ready to go... I can do that easily without pushing the jeep outside (Spring here in OK, means rain so need to leave the jeep inside so the bare panels do not rust).

Placed an order with MWM for parts I need to do the dash, that should be completed in a couple of weeks, by then the weather should settle down and maybe I can get the body work started again...

So what are you folks doing on your jeeps during this time of social distancing???

Good time to work on projects...

Photos will follow, just do not have any right now...
1952 M-100 Strick #104
1951 Willys Wagon (For Sale)
1954 Willys M38A1 201001205
Tornado Alley
Del City, OK
Trip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I am doing the same thing here in Houston. I have to do my sandblasting between rainy times.

Trip
52 M38
M38 recently acquired Some parts only, roller
67 CJ5
51 CJ3A
49 CJ2A
MattyT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly the same thing maybe a little more. Finishing brakes, bearings etc all around. Nose off, sandblasting, rebuilt water pump, radiator, fuel/vacuum pump and carb. More of a Dissertation will
Follow when I download pics. Struggle is, now everyone wants to hang around while I work on it. Needless to say, I have a few friends who are none to happy with me for locking them and everyone else out. Stay safe.
ih8pepl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using the shut down to my benefit of the M38 as well... I bought all the parts/fluids/supplies I needed in anticipation of quarantine . Very Happy

Gaskets, seals, brakes, wiring, fuel system and fixing some god awful welds from the PO.
Mike_B

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm spending lots of time in the shop working on my frame up restoration of my '53 A1 Fire Brush truck. I have the chassis rolling and the engine together and painted...put the flywheel, clutch and bell housing on today. The trans, transfer case and PTO are done and waiting to be reunited with the engine. Hopefully in the next day or so...and then put the entire package back in the chassis.

Stay safe!

Mike B Smile
1951 M100 Trailer
Eades

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flushed the brake system on my 1951 M38. Next I installed a weld-on cage nut and a capture nut. Then started on the hat channel removal. All in between trying to work. I cant be expected to be as productive since my office is now at home and in the woods! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: