Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - 52 M38 project for sale
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

52 M38 project for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: 52 M38 project for sale Reply with quote

Saw this on the G503. I emailed owner and this looks like a very solid project.

Sellor's email is: Rockiehigh@aol.com

Hello all, been years since i visited this forum. I'm in a position where i need to sell the 52 M38 i aquired when working in the Willy's parts business.

I have a nice candidate for restoration which is currently torn down to it's major components and been stored in my shed for years. This Willy's has never been modified from stock. It is Willy's MC serial# 64521 and titled as such. I'll try to be as complete as possible with it's description.

Frame is clean and straight, it had a broken rear crossmember which i removed by grinding down the rivets.

The tub has rust on the rear quarter and some heavy pitting on the drivers floor. One spot on the hat channel needs work. The rest is in very good condition.

Motor is embossed with MC 66985 and spins freely. It did have a stuck valve when i first aquired it and i got it free with hitting it with PB Blaster.

It has a clean windshield frame with glass. Front seat frames, fenders, grill, hood, gauges, tailgate, are all there. It also has the OD steering wheel.

Under hood is also all there with exception of the generator. Has all original M series wheels.

Trans, transfer and axle assemblies seem to be in good condition with no evidence of water contamination.

In total all the known missing parts consist of rear seat, spare carrier, bows, fuel tank, generator, original dash data's (i have wheelwell), gerry can bracket, lifting rings. I'm probably forgetting some small items.

I have been sitting on this Jeep since 2000 and hoped someday to restore it with my son. I now need to unload it quickly.

In addition to the original Jeep i have aquired a few additional parts. I have a few extra engine accesories, some NOS items such as extra NOS taillights, NOS Tailgate, NOS Fender Blackout, NOS dist cap and rotor, NOS coolant temp sensor, NOS generator bushings, NOS heat riser rebuild components, NOS shackle bushings, NOS precleaners (2), NOS fuel filter, NOS windshield hooks, and a few other items which i'm not sure what they are (forget) till i open the package. I also have reproduction data set, fuel pump rebuild kit, carb rebuild kit AND NOS M38 FENDERS.

Manuals include:

ORD 9 SNL G-740 list of all service parts
TM 9-1825B electrical equipment (auto-lite)
TM 9-8012 operation and organizational maintenance 1/4 ton M38
TM 9-1804B powertrain and body M38
TM 9-1804A MC Engine and clutch M38
AR850-5 US Vehicle markings 1945-1954

I have a 4 page album of most parts at Photobucket, but cant figure how to link here that will allow all to see. If your truely interested please email me at Rockiehigh@aol.com and i'll send the link and password.

This vehicle sat in a collectors pole barn for years till the collection was bought by my boss, i then bought this off him. I invested $3500 into the Jeep itself and then picked up most parts from AJP, Midwest Military and Pete DeBella at various shows. I'd like $4000 for everything with buyer making pickup within a few weeks. Adjustments can be made to not include certain items for a lower purchase price. I'm going to gauge interest in this as a whole, if little interest i'll start parting it through ebay and here in the next week or two.

Thanks for your consideration and please ask any questions you may have. Jeep is located just outside Philadelphia.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: