Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - master cylinder
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

master cylinder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: master cylinder Reply with quote

Hi please help me with my brakes!!! the symptoms are:

my brake pedal hits the floor and my m38 needs more pressure (that i do not have) to stop. Then if i go under my m38 and tight the nut which is in the brake rod then i have perfect brakes.....BUT if i go the other day and take it for a ride and push the brakes then again the same problem .....the brake pedal goes to floor!!!!!!!

i check the brake fluind no leak.....then the wheels no leak...... see the master cylinder for leaks under my m38 no leaks...............

do u think i have a bad master cylinder? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On each subsequent time the brake pedal goes to the floor do you again adjust the nut and it works fine again?

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
baios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes after i have adjust the nut the brake pedal is ok and the brakes performs well. After i make some rides for few days then when i return to make the other day another ride the brame pedal hits the floor and no brakes only little.if i go to adjust the nut again then yes i have brakes
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have taken measurements each time so we can tell if the nut position has changed each time the pedal went to the floor again?

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
baios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as u know the nut has also another locknut so each time i adjust the nut i also put the locknut near the adjusting nut so not to change the position!!!!
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the length of the rod did not change between adjustments and the nut did not loosen then you need to investigate another source for the change in rod engagement. Your tub may be loose and moving relative to the location of the master cylinder. The master cylinder may be loose and moving relative to the push rod. The brake pedal shaft and linkage may be moving relative to the push rod. Or you may have an internal piston or residual valve issue inside the master cylinder. Eliminate the easier items first.

baios

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks i think it is sth wrong inside the master cylinder i will take out the master cylinder and inspect it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: