Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Aftermarket head survey
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftermarket head survey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which would interest you? See descriptions in post below
Cast iron, higher compression
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Supersonic/high altitude mock
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Aluminum mock, higher compression
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hickey/Chuchua-copy, higher compression
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Seff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Aftermarket head survey Reply with quote

I'm gathering opinions for creating aftermarket heads for the L134. The data is for a project in automotive technology where I have tested a jeep with raised compression, and now I'm doing a rough market analysis. The project is non-profit, it's just a school project. Razz

Please choose all the types of heads you're would be interested in, and comment the price you think would be fair for your favorite option (this is a rough estimate, of course).

Head types:
Cast iron, higher compression: The idea is a reshaped combustion chamber to retain flow while upping to 7.84:1. The idea is to copy the outside shell of a factory head to mimic appearances.

Supersonic/high altitude mock: A direct copy of the Supersonic head.

Aluminum mock, higher compression: The idea is to create an alloy head with the outer appearance of a factory head, and a reshaped combustion chamber to make 8:1 (or more) compression without impeding flow.

Hickey/Chuchua-copy, higher compression: The idea is to create an alloy head with the outer appearance of a Hickey head, and a reshaped combustion chamber to make 8:1 (or more) compression without impeding flow.

Thank you for your participation - I hope this is okay and the right forum. Smile
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These engines notoriously leak coolant up the studs. The electrolysis with aluminum would make me not want a aluminum head. The cast iron supersonic would be my choice. John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: