Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - bringing a MV into mexico?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bringing a MV into mexico?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m37m38

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: bringing a MV into mexico? Reply with quote

Does anybody have any experience with bringing a restored MV into mexico. I am going for Thanksgiving and was thinking about bringing the m38 down for some offroad fun and tooling around. I do not know what the Mexican Govt. thinks about army jeeps with Stars and unit numbers with a big US ARMY on the hood.

Anyone with experience out there?

Dave
usma41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Mex Reply with quote

I was in Belize for a year building goverment hospitals and if you rented a car in Belize you did not take it into Mexico. My opion on it is a big NO. Even in Belize you can see American cars still with their American tags on them. They where stolen.
DFoley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave,
I live on the US/Mexican border here in Del Rio, TX. I have driven my restored M38 to Cuidad Acuna on several occasions. I have never had any problem. Just make sure you have the vehicle propery registered and inspected in the US. Additionally make sure you have current license plates on the M38. Also make sure you have a copy of the vehicles clear title in your name and a copy of your insurance for the vehicle. You will not need a visa or additional insurance unless you plan to venture further than ~30 miles into Mexican territory.

Take precaution though!!! What city are you planning to go to in Mexico. Some areas are safer than others, particularily right now. If you go over to Mexico with a beautifully restored antique jeep you will stick out like a sore thumb, and immediate be seen as a "rich" American, whether or not that is true or not, potentially increaseing your chance of running into trouble. My advice, I would not take my M38 accross at Larado, Cuidad Juarez or Tijuana. In Texas I believe the border towns of Cuidad Acuna and Piedras Negras are very safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: