Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Trico Wiper Motor Disassembly Tool Name
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trico Wiper Motor Disassembly Tool Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w30bob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Trico Wiper Motor Disassembly Tool Name Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

To take apart a Trico SK series wiper motor you have to remove the little bolts securing the top cover to the body. The head of these bolts is a small male oval with flat sides, not a hex or phillips. If you've ever looked at a motor you know what I'm talking about. Does anyone know what the socket is called that fits that bolt head??? I know a small pair of pliers or an adjustable wrench will loosen them..........but I'd like to find the correct socket for these bolts. So does anyone know what that head shape or what the tool to remove them is called?

thanks,
bob
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a solution on the Crosly page:

Quote:
Trico Wrench for Wiper Motor

bltlar 11/23/01 10:02 pm

Where can I get Trico tool to loosen screws on wiper motors?? Now use pliers, but someone said could buy screwdriver like tool. Will watch replies to your message for my 48 CC PU. We went through this for my VC a long time ago. Thank you all! Larry
cosmicray48236 11/25/01 10:09 am

I also used a pointed nose pliers to open them up. Skip
cosmicray48236 11/26/01 3:05 pm

Take an old screw driver that has a shaft diameter slightly larger than the Trico screws. Use a Dremel to cut off the blade leaving the shaft whole, and then use the Dremel to cut a groove in the end of the shaft to take the flat sides of the screw heads. Skip
bltlar 11/26/01 3:33 pm

Thank you Skip. Was trying to figure something complicated. Simple things are very difficult to figure out. Will do with a cheap screwdriver from a discount house. Won't cut Snap-On or Mac. HA HA Thanks again!! Larry

Here's another discussion on this issue:
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?p=657197

There's a 7 year old post here that Bob in reply #7 offers a tool for $10 postage paid & posts 12 & 14 offer other ideas:
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/151582-wiper-vacuum-motors/

Here's a "T" handle version:

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: