Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - 1954 M38A1 Build
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1954 M38A1 Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sboots54

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: 1954 M38A1 Build Reply with quote

New member here! Glad I can join you all, and I figured a good way to start out on this forum is to show the progress I made on my 1954 M38A1. If I had to guess, I would assume that uploading pictures is best by using my PhotoBucket account? Anyways, I will have to get that figured out soon. For now, I would just like to introduce myself and tell you the history of my Jeep in the amount of time that I have owned it.

I first attained my jeep when I was around 14 years old. Yes, I was young, but I love Jeeps, so why not? That was back in the beginning of 2012. I am a 20 year old now. The Jeep had been SEVERELY modified into a "rock-crawler" but was still running under its original 4 Cylinder F-134 engine with a military/civilian mix of a T-90 transmission (military bell-housing and transfer case...civilian transmission). It had these oversized mud grappler tires which the poor worn engine couldn't handle and it had a full-roll cage. As time moved on, I started modifying it. I figured I wasn't harming anything doing my own modifications with it since it was already so modified. However, my form of modification brought it back to a more original state than it was when I got it. I got rid of the mudder tires and wheels and got a nice set of aluminum rims that are currently on it. The full roll-cage was taken out. The bucket seats that I like to call "butt-pinchers" were removed, and I got some CJ5 buckets to put in. I cut the rear fenders so that I can fit inside the jeep easier (I'm 6'6"). I don't have pics of that and am away from home, so I can get pics for you guys in December. I left it with those mods until last summer, but I won't get into any of that till later after I get some pictures posted. I have to run to work now...so this is to be continued. Hope I have you all on the edge of your seats.
sboots54

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot that I don't have work today...so I can post a couple pics and show where I started.

This is how the Jeep looked when I got it.

A shot from before a trip. (Me in driver's seat and a family relative in the passenger)

Here is the work in progress under the first transformation after some time of leaving it. The main reason I ended up doing the first conversion was because the old fuel tank had rotted and was starting to leak gas everywhere.

I found some presents under the fuel tank.

After the first conversion. I unfortunately didn't take pictures of the seat brackets that my brother helped build. For the record, this project was done by my two brothers and myself, so I do not claim full credit.

[/img][/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: