Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - New here and already depressed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New here and already depressed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2busy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: New here and already depressed Reply with quote

Hello, finally got registered. i recently bought a rough 51 M38. not much military left to it. all the 24 volt is gone and carb and waterproof stuff. it has some sort of old chevy lookin single barrel carb and different dist on it now. Blackout s are gone windshield glass and rubber gone. 15 in rims , angle iron front bumper,pickup rear bumper of some kind. numerous holes drilled all over it. no top,lightswitch

right now not sure what i want to do as it is gonna be expensive. front shocks gone and lower pass hanger broke off. just looks like a lifetime prodject. it does run but smokes something fierce.

still have a cj2a tore down i need to do something with. money money money. Are there any hobbies that do not take money. Seems like everything i like is expensive.

I envy you guys that have restored or close to original jeeps. I didnt know anything about the M38 when i bought it. Sure was an eye opener when i got to researching what all was missing on it. Or i should say depressing.

lets see, 48 farmall cub,48 super a,51 super a, 41 farmall H, 48 cj2a, 51 M38. I should stay broke for the rest of my life. Not counting the daily drivers and other equipment.

wish me luck
slim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2busy, hang in there guy, M38 and M38A1 restoration work is very rewarding and a lot of fun. Terry
Galen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2busy, hang in there guy, M38 and M38A1 restoration work is very rewarding and a lot of fun. Terry

Terry's right, hang in there & don't let it get you down. It could be worse, you could have tried to jump off into an MB or GPW (WWII jeeps), & them's EXPENSIVE. Just think of all the money you already saved by going with an M Jeep!!
bucky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im Bucky, I bought an M38 that was all original, I converted it to 12 volt, and set the 24 volt equipment on the shelf. Ive got the distributer,rear black out lights,Generator with brackets,starter( it was complete but pulled apart) Gauges etc. Plug wires were missing. The jeep never ran on the 24 volt system, I cant say what will work and what wont. If your interested shoot me an offer aggearhead@yahoo.com On the bright side, The M38 was the least produced numbers wise 1950-1952 All original is worth some money. I use mine around the farm on a daily basis,its not a show vechile and I dont need the headaches. I also have a hardtop and doors,CJ2A I believe, needs glass and a new home. Bucky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: