Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Unidentified Parts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unidentified Parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hahnda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Unidentified Parts Reply with quote

Was looking the engine over tonite and checking a few things out. No manuals yet, previous owner forgot them and they are on the way. I saw a few things disconnected and was wondering what they were. (make sure to click on the pics to enlarge)

Radiator support? I see there is one on each side. I was able to stick the one on the other side in.

Cable is missing. What does it do?

Disconnected?

Went to what?

Battery compartment drain?

Hose? Also shows the worst of the rust on the jeep.

Valve next to rad support, controls what?

That's all for now.

Thanks,
Kevin
MajBen
Major, USMC, Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, in the first picutre, the hand is holding the radiator supports. There are pictures in the manual with the powere train being pulled complete with hooked up radiator, but I have never talked to anyone who witnessed such a feat.

The many tubes or lines are the vacuum lines and once you get to a point you will be wanting to connect them. I note that your carb is not the original and that will have to be relaced. Others will help you more. If the picture you show is indeed the worst rust, and I think only time will really tell that story, you are very fortunate as many of us has had a great deal to conquer. But, good luck, you are on your way. Curosity is the first ingredient!!!. Semper Fi Ben
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Unidentified Parts Reply with quote

hahnda wrote:
Was looking the engine over tonite and checking a few things out. No manuals yet, previous owner forgot them and they are on the way. I saw a few things disconnected and was wondering what they were. (make sure to click on the pics to enlarge)

Radiator support? I see there is one on each side. I was able to stick the one on the other side in.

Cable is missing. What does it do?

Fording system for underwater operation. It should be one cable of a dual cable single knob control. The other cable went to the valve on the carb to air filter crossover pipe.

Disconnected?

That could be the original fuel supply line if it can be traced back to the left front side of the engine by the mechanical fuel pump. Or it may be the old bowl vent line bent down out of the way.

Went to what?

One to the 24 volt oil pressure sender that went in the empty bracket at your finger tips. The other to the 24 volt water temp sender that went in the head just above the oil pressure sender.

Battery compartment drain?

PO Add-on of some sort.

Hose? Also shows the worst of the rust on the jeep.

She's in good shape. The large rectangular plate in the floor is for the heater kit. The small oval plate with 2 screws is for access to the transfer case lever pivot pin.

Valve next to rad support, controls what?

Original fuel supply line shut off valve.

That's all for now.

Thanks,
Kevin

Wes K

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
hahnda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys!

I'll add a few things.

It does have a 24v fuel pump. So the original system has been bypassed. Yep not original but works good. I don't know how easy the original system started the jeep up but the electric pump gets fuel to the carb fast.

Both the temp and oil pressure gauges do not work I am told. They have been replaced by aftermarket guages ziptied to the steering column.

The long hose I am sure goes to the battery compartment, I'm guessing originally it would have been shorter or routed in a different location?

As far as I know I also hve no fording knob. I have an empty spot in the dash where it might have went.

I guess I should have said that the rust shown was the worst looking? There is some rust through on the hat channel in that same area of the floor.

Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: