Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?
Kaiser Willys carburetor
M38 Parachute Spools
Engine serial number
M38 Body Strainer
USAF Forward Air Controller M38A1 photo

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Whats the worst "bubba mod" you have come across?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats the worst "bubba mod" you have come across?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
army_inc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: If I ever find Bubba... I may go to jail for assault Reply with quote

Ok, So here are the bubba mods on my jeep. 283 CI Chevelle V8 engine. To put that in, he cut the front crossmember support beam out. Since he put the V8 in, he had to give the jeep a 1-2 inch lift. Which he did. He used Steel blocks and pieces of wood. He did a half arse job making the jeep a 12V system. Not sure what happened to the old passenger seat, but he replaced it with a somewhat original looking seat (At least he's trying). He pulled the steering column out and replaced it with a cadillac steering wheel and column. Since he put in a new steering column, he had to move it forward. Which he did. He put it up infront of the grill area. He did have to hack up the grill to make that fit though. He also added a "winch" area. Lots of welding involved which hopefully I can salvage the bumper from because there's a lot of welding on that too. Attached to that winch area is the support "box" for the grill. I also have a rounded front bumper. Looks nice, but I don't think it's original. At least, I don't think the marines cared about the bumper and I'm sure bubba added it. Other than that, I haven't found much else. I'll let you know if I do though Rolling Eyes
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a list of Brand New Bubba who's name is MD Juan!!!! Lets's see: gauges don't fit the holes, mounts don't line up with the frame, drivers seat leg on top of shifter cover, shifter hole located wrong, windshield doesn't fit cowl, rear of hood won't fit original tub, RF fender won't clear original battery mount, tool box lid won't fit original tub opening, M38 gas tanks: too tall, wrong hole orientation for filler, sender, fuel pickup, holddown straps, drain and tap. I never got to look into their frames Shocked Is he the worst bubba? John
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ole MDJ has excellent representation on the vendor's product evaluation pages.

Bubba has always been the guy that actually owned and modified the jeep not the supplier of the products he used. Wink

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Deadguy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even have words for this...

Marine core reinforced rear bumper, military transistorized turn signal upgrade, arctic heater, 11" drum brakes, 200L PTO winch, Huffy overdrive, deep water fording kit, RT 68 vehicle mounted radio, Trac Locs front and rear.
www.danhenk.com
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Bubba spring mod! Originally posted by capescw Reply with quote

Bubba spring mod! Originally posted by capescw

My very first 'Bubba' post! He must have lost the bolt & spacer somehow, so he just bent the tabs over (Hey, it worked on the other two)

p.s. - This was intended to be in the 'Worst Bubba Mods' section, but ended up here! Sorry....

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by M38A1

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 am Post subject:
I had a spring where bubba did the same thing but luckily only one strap.

51_M38_Tex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

51_M38_Tex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call this the extra belly room mod. Bubba liked his fried chicken.

53a1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
4x4M38

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windshield gone. Bubba welded a 2-1/2" piece of U-shaped pipe upside down to each side of the cowl and bolted plexiglass to it.

I have no idea what is supporting that pipe. Can't be just the 17 gauge sheet metal and I'm afraid to look under the cowl.....
4x4M38

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is what the roll bar/windshield mount looks like under the cowl:

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album372&id=092_resize&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Cut out the hole (with a P38?) almost all the way around, jammed the pipe into the hole and tacked to the cowl metal. "Smoothed" the joint on top with JB Weld.

Note that sad little piece of 2430 hanging on for dear life to that rusty tab of sheet....

I guess the good news is all I have to do to fix is get the pipe out of the hole, beat the sheet back out and tack back to the cowl, beat reasonably smooth and fill, then paint?
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
QCIM38A1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure who did it, but a potentially lethal mod on my M-38A1; Someone used an M-38 tie rod end, which actually held for ages, by socking the clamp down super tight. Even passed inspection. Popped out during road test after I rebuilt the bell crank. Seems it left the Canadian Army that way, it was purchased directly from the government and the owner never did any front end work. Luckily, it was just used to drag stuff around on his farm. I was driving about 25m/ph when it let go. Shocked
4x4M38

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder where that air pipe goes....

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/gallery/albums/album372/Jeep_photos_021_resize.jpg

Ah.

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/gallery/albums/album372/old_air_filter.sized.jpg

That's awesome, Bubba.

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/gallery/albums/album372/firewallcutout.jpg

Two years later. Not perfect, but it should get the job done:

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/gallery/albums/album372/Firewall_painted.jpeg
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
mdainsd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Bubba's big backfire! Reply with quote

Bubba made a mod so the little Jeep would roar.
Added this cast iron "cutout". Rigged it to the remains of a throttle cable. Then for some reason capped the cut out portion. All gone now! Twisted Evil

'52 Dodge M37, '42 GPW, '48 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, '50 CJV-35(U), '51 M38, '42 WC-57 Command Car, '44 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlights, John Deere M-gator, '44 White M3A1 Scout Car
4x4M38

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably running a little weird without any backpressure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: