Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Hello from Montana!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Montana!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Hello from Montana! Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Dave(obviously) live in Billings and am currently working on a 1950 M38
MC10783 that I bought in June 2001. After reading some of the bubba mods and looking at what some of you have drug home mine is a cream-puff! Body is fairly solid,instrument panel is fully intact and its still 24volt, but all the military lights and deep fording equipment are gone. I don't plan on a full restoration but want to make it a daily driver/huntin' rig. I promise not to do anything to destroy it's collectors value,no drilling holes or torching chunks out and will buy as much original parts as I can find and afford.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dave,

Welcome aboard. That's the 783rd production M38. Very rare bird. I must have some detailed photos and a survey form from you. Wink

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
mtdave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes tell me where to find the survey. As far as photos I'm very technology challenged and so far have never figured out how to post pictures. They don't call me Dave the Dinosaur for nothing Laughing I know how rare this unit is, when I met with the owner he told me he had another call on it after me and they would take it sight unseen, but I called first and got first dibs. People are very honorable here still for the most part. And just to make you extremely jelous I only paid $850.00. How about throw a figure at me with what little info I've provided as to it's current value.
a W.A.G. would be appreciated.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be ex-USAF. I haven't heard the term W.A.G. in some time. I sold my M38A1 in 1989 while stationed in SD to a youg first termer who was getting out and lived up your way. It was an orange painted stock unit with white wagon wheels and a black Best top and a 71 windshield. I also gave him all the original A1 parts I had removed.

Your WAG is:
Your 1950 unit is easily worth $1500 to $2500.

I also sent you an email.

Here's your link to your personal photo album on our photo album page. Just open your album and select "add a photo" and browse your computer and load the photos you want up.

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album25&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
mtdave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAVY!
Only $2500? I was hoping this was that rare $6000 model-#@$%@.
Wes you make that photo thing sound real easy, about all I can say is I do have a digital camera but only for my business so I can crawl into dark little holes and bring out pictures to show my clients.
That survey is to say the least a little intimidating. That's a lot of info but over the course of time and crawling in,under and around and scraping of 60 years of grease I'll do my best.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need all the help we can get on survey data. I appreciate your efforts.

That's an 80% complete and drivable although not necessarily Interstate drivable unit.

The internet wise M38 owners are probably only half the total m38 owners. So there are a lot more of them around then we imagine.

If you can load your dgital photos on your computer and you can follow the prompts at the photo site you should have no problems loading photos.

GIJOE290

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dave!
Serial #56535
"The Green Goat"

Restoration Begins Summer 2005! ...Er Maybe 2006? 2010? 2015? 202...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: