Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Does anyone make a toolbox with the jeep script on it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone make a toolbox with the jeep script on it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Does anyone make a toolbox with the jeep script on it? Reply with quote

I have decided to replace my toolbox as the old one is too far gone. DOes anyone make a reaplacement that has the jeep script?

Also When I replaced my front floors all Jeep panels Plus had were the flat sections. I need to replace the rest of the section that was under the toolbox. does anyone make this contour piece for the center without having to buy the whole front floor? The rest of the floor is it good shape.
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the toolbox with the Jeep script will be a while coming, MD Juan is currently negotiating with Chrystler to allow this reproduction to happen (heard this from a vendor when I was buying panels to do my tub). Took over a year to get the Willys put back on CJ2 and CJ3 tailgates.

My suggestion is IF your Jeep script is in reuseable condition then cut it out and patch it into a new toolbox... if done right no one will know the difference...

As for floor panels I do not have a clue there, might call Jeep Panels Plus and see what he can ake for you... worth a call.
CPL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Scripted Toolbox Reply with quote

Ryan,

I know this is an older post, but I do have a restorable Jeep scripted toolbox I pulled. I am having to replace the entire tub on my project and not doing a historical restore anyway, so I will be using repro in mine.

Not sure what a fair price is, but whatever that is, you're welcome to it + shipping.

Slight bubbazation, but otherwise its solid, no rust through. Needs hinges as well.

http://www.kulish.com/gallery/46willys/Picture_132

CPL
Chris K.

EDIT: Its got the lid too, just realized its not shown in the photo. Its in about the same condition, scale is a bit heavier on it.
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a little better than that one. I saw somewhere that they were going to reproduce the toolboxes with jeep stamped on them. I cant remember now where I saw this.
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHH. Do a search under DMC-3227K and you will see the omix ada reproductins of the jeep stamped toolboxes. A few companies are carrying them.
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those companies that have them currently, have ones from before Chrysler stopped MD JUan from making them... Copyright infringement... so now negotiations are on to get them done legally... This from a vendor when I bought mine... a year ago...

Chrysler wants a cut on every toolbox with "Jeep" on it...

So if you find one grab it as they may take a while to come out... unless somethng has happened lately...

Hope this helps...
ChuckW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris K. - are you receiving my PM's?
Dixie Division MVC #002
1952 M38/M100
M274A2
1964 CJ3B
CPL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

I seem to be now, though I havent had a chance yet today to take a look at what I got. Other commitments are keeping me from having fun Sad

I think I am past the glitch and will be reading and replying this evening or early tomorrow.

CPL
Chris K.
WillysMotors
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MD Juan toolboxes that Omix submitted to Chrysler for licensing did not have an issue with the Jeep stamping. The issue was that there was no HAT SECTION under where the passenger seat hinges attach.

That is no big deal for M38A1 or CJ5 and newer that hinge the seat on the front edge, but for flatfenders the hatsection is necessary or the toolbox could collapse under load with a big guy in the seat.

My understanding is that MD Juan didn't add it becasue there were so many versions of the hat section and the latch during the many years of Willys production.

The boxes are available. I recommend Willys Overland Motors in Toledo.
(I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THEM - I AM JUST A SATISFIED CUSTOMER)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: