Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - New M38 CDN Data
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New M38 CDN Data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankthecrank58

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all. frank from edmonton alberta,Canada. just wanted to let you know that i purchased a 1952 M38 Cdn. 2 weeks ago. i've been doing some paint scratching and have located the CAR # which is 52-31812. the engine is MC 86814. serial is F 101775. the previous owner bought it from someone who decided to sand blast the body and obliterated much of the data plate info so i don't have a delivery date. with the numbers i've given is there a way to find the d.o.d. exactly. i'm going to restore the jeep to as stock as possible and also make it a regular driver. i'll probably be on here in the near future asking questions and hopefully get answers. when i figure out how to post pics, i will. thanks for your time. by the way, are there any of those books on the m38 by ryan left for purchase?
pickle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello;

Glad to hear you join in. There are a number of M38CDN owners in here, and everyone has been really good for advice. I would suggest forwarding your information to Bryan Asbury, as he has a database of all Canadian jeeps. he also has a number of the original manuals (if you are planning to do work on it), including the Canadian ones. He is also is a good contact for identifying parts (where to acquire them). Not sure, but he also may be able to find you new data plates if you need. He may help with the DOD, but another good source is Collin Stevens from BC. He also has a Database.
frankthecrank58

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply and the info. have you got the contact info for Bryan or Collin so i can get in touch with them? thanks again
BCA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: M38 CDN production date Reply with quote

Hi Frank,
Based on M38 CDN's for which I information, your vehicle F-101775 very likely had a date on the data plate between August 29 (documented for F-101738) and September 11 (documented F-101782) of 1952. There are some out-of-sequences on the serial numbers compared to dates but you are pretty safe in this range. If you go with repro data plates (I have perfect repros available) or simply re-punch your damaged plate I would suggest stamping it "9- -52", leaving a gap for the exact day if that ever is determined. PM me if you need more info. .......... Brian
frankthecrank58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got my new data plates from Brian. they look awesome! just have to stamp the ser.# and d.o.d. on. i actually discovered the DAY of delivery after lots of cleaning and some very light sanding(3000 grit) and a strong magnifying glass. so my jeep"s official dod is.....drum roll.... 9-9-52. thank you. frank
scubagavin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am looking to have my CDN m38 data plates re-made. I see from reading that a gentleman named Brian did this for you? Can you please put me in touch with him?

Kind Regards,
Gavin
BCA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin, you can PM at BCA for further info on the M38CDN data plates.
...Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: