Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Hello from the Philippines. I'm Rommel from MDJuan
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from the Philippines. I'm Rommel from MDJuan
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Hello from the Philippines. I'm Rommel from MDJuan Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm Rommel Juan from the Philippines.

We make body tubs for the M38. I'd like to open discussions with everyone in order to improve the tubs that we make for the Jeep enthusiasts.

Please let me know what you think of the MDJuan tubs and how we can further improve them.

thanks
Rommel
Hawkshadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rommel,

I'm sure that Wes will be along shortly to welcome to the forum, but allow me to be the first and to thank you very much for taking the time and effort to seek out improvements.

There is lots of information here between the downloads, pictures, articles, and user knowledge base, and I'm sure you will find what you're looking for!

I just received one of your tub kits, and although it will be a couple of months until I begin fitting it, I will be sure to post feedback when I get there. For now, I say very well done on the shipping! The crating is very sturdy and the bubble wrap ensured minimal damage to the shipping primer.

Thanks and welcome to the forum,
HS

M38 CDN
52-30718
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be here HS.

I'm excited to see your MDJuan tub. Hope we can share useful information here to benefit the Jeep community.

Best,
Rommel
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already had the pleasure of Mr. Rommel Juan's initial introduction here. For those of you who may wish to meet with Rommel he is scheduled to appear at this years Midwest Willys Reunion at Hudson OH, May 17th thru 19th. For those of you who follow the other Willys jeep web sites and forums, Rommel has also introduced himself on many of them. I am sure we are pleased to see MD Juan management take this serious look at product changes and improvements.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
ECVJeeps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed three of your tubs and can say that I have not had any serious issues with any of them. There has been the expected tweaking of original panels to your tub, however everything bolted up and looked great at the end of it.

If I was in the market for a replacement tub I would not hesitate to order another.
The only issue is that here in Canada there is only one distributor which limits our options on who to order from. We are a large country and another distributor would be great.

Here is a picture of my first restoration using one of your tubs; the rest of the jeep was original.

I am now working on a jeep for my wife, however the only panel from MD Juan this time is the tailgate.

Cheers from Canada
M100 CDN #0548(in progress)
M100 CDN #0281
M38CDNBill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rommel,

Happy to speak with you here. Wes and Ryan have created this best forum for the M38s enthousiasts and you are in the right place to get feedback to improve your M38 bodies. Four years ago, I rebuilt an M38CDN and the only thing that was not close from an original body was the script "Jeep" facing front of the tool box. Canadian M38 body doesn't have this script.

Also, the Canadian M38 body doesn't have the small resctangular notch that appears above the gauges cluster on the center of the dash. This notch is characteristic of an early body and the Canadian M38 bodies are the late model.

Cheers from Canada

Last edited by M38CDNBill on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh so the Canadian M38 is different from the American? How many of the American and Canadian were made?

Your M38 looks great! And the Cj2a next to it looks cool too.
M38CDNBill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rommel,

Officially, only 2 135 Canadian M38s were assembled by Ford Canada in 1952. Some were built in December 1951, but we're not sure of the number. The American M38s were built by Willys Overland nearly 65 000 copies (Wes or Ryan will correct me for the last digit). Overall, there's no difference between American and Canadian bodies except the script "Jeep" on the front of the tool box.

Hawkshadow received his body and I have a friend not too far my home who has also received his last week. I'm going to see him tomorrow and will give you feedbacks.

Cheers from Canada
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rommel,

The Canadian Ford built M38's were based on the 1952 US built M38 and are virtually identical except the "Jeep" script on the front of the passenger seat tool box.

The small indentation mentioned is the flange of the cowl top just above the instrument cluster. This indentation was on early tubs thru early 1952. This changed at the same time the battery drain hole position in the firewall and the changing the other pre-punched holes in the firewall.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My M-38CDN had the Jeep Script on it... Unfortunatly it no longer does, as when I replaced the tool box the vendor sent me the wrong one and at that time the Jeep scripting was not allowed on repro parts...

My CAR number is 52-31313
1952 M-100 Strick #104
1951 Willys Wagon (For Sale)
1954 Willys M38A1 201001205
Tornado Alley
Del City, OK
Xamon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I understand it, some of the very early M38CDN were made from parts stamped by willys while they set up tooling so some of the earliest ones had the script the rest did not.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is believed to be true.

RommelJuan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can make those special M38s. The one with the Jeep script. Just let us know and we can do a custom tub for the late M38 (Canadian style).

So is it just the jeep script in front of the toolbox and no notch on top of the gauges?

If you were to order this, please indicate all the right features with your order so that we don't miss anything. This is a new model for us and our guys are not used to putting in all these features. Thanks for the information guys!

All for one at MDJuan!

https://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The early M38CDN would be the same as any 1952 US built M38. There are actually enough changes in the m38 tub to justify at least three different tub arrangements.

Sep 50 thru Feb 52 Early M38

Feb 52 thru Jul 52 M38 US and first few M38 CDN's

Remaining M38CDN's thru Nov 52..

whydahdvr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably already thought of this but grab a copy of Ryan Miller's book. He, Wes, and others put a lot of research and information into it and that would be a help for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: