Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Help updating winch mounting frame drawing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help updating winch mounting frame drawing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Help updating winch mounting frame drawing Reply with quote

Hello Folks,

I have had several complaints that this drawing has several dimensions that are un-readable. I have cleared up many but several remain. If anyone has built this frame or has a better copy of the drawing would you give me corrections for the red highlighted items? Also let me know which if any dimensions are incorrect.

The larger file size photo is at:
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album127&id=Winch_frame_118267&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

This is the mid file size of the drawing.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
buzzk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: plans Reply with quote

thx for the better readable prints I didn't have any problems I took them to office max and they inlarged them my frame turned out great just a little problem area with the winch bolt holes thx for your time and effort buzz
buzzk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: winch frame Reply with quote

the winch frame on the drawings is 26 1/2 I beleave the correct measurement is 25 1/2 thx buzz
jimm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes,

I took a close look at the two other drawings you have in your winch photo album that are labeled "Willys Blueprint" and I think I can answer the questions concerning your red circled areas:

At the top and left sides of the top view, the circled values are ±1/64 on the 23 3/4 and 7 ?/16 dimensions, respectively.

In the front view, both circled values are 13/32 for the drilled holes (makes sense for 1/2" bolts).

On the left end of the front view, you have an angle called out at 35°; I believe that should be 30°, both from looking at the Willys drawing and a typical engineering choice.

I could make a new drawing using my mechanical engineering software if it would be useful. I would first make a 3D solid (virtual) model using the dimensions on the old drawings, then make a drawing with front, top and right views, plus any details and sections as needed, from that model. I've done that for radiator support rods and battery tray bracket for other forum members based on measuring parts on my M38 and they were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the drawings.
jimm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: winch frame Reply with quote

buzzk wrote:
the winch frame on the drawings is 26 1/2 I beleave the correct measurement is 25 1/2 thx buzz

That makes sense from the 23 3/4 and 7/8 dimensions, and in the Willys blueprint in Wes's winch gallery the handwritten value looks more like a "5" than a "6".
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim. Yes it would be a great help if you could produce a better drawing.

Here is the corrections. How does it look?

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
jimm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allrighty, then, I'll do that. It's the least I can do to repay a fraction of all the info I've gleaned from this site. I'll email you a jpeg file or files of images of the 3D model, and a pdf of the 2D drawing unless some other formats would be preferred. I could also supply the native CAD files and common interchange translations of them in case someone would want them.

Your corrections match my interpretation of the Willys drawing. One caution: while I do have an M38, I don't have a Ramsey winch or winch frame, so I'm working off of drawings only.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also working off the drawings only.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: