Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - wiper vacuum
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wiper vacuum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting reply. I didn't care if you liked our photos or not. Only wanted to know the exact meaning of your sentence. IE. Here = not on my engine.

Did these photos I posted help you or not? Short answers are great! Wink

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
DownRange762

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Wiper vacuum Reply with quote

RickG,

Thanks for the tip about how to get a larger and more viewable image into a post. I wasn't able to work out how to include even that thumbnail photo in my original posting to this thread but with a new "Reply" I at least got that far. Thanks for the enlarged image.

Photo issues aside for the moment, comparing the line routing in Wes's pictures to the location of components on my engine, carb primarily, I have to note certain differences. I'm going to try and pull the page out of the TM to post here which, while that image isn't clear in the TM, at least the carb is in the same place as mine and maybe that will make my inquiry more clear.

New guy question here since I know almost nothing about M38/M38A1s. Are we looking at the two different models and that accounts for the differences as mine is an A1?

The end goal here is to provide vacuum to the wiper motors and also vent the distributor by running hard lines from the fuel/vac pump on the left of my photo, to the firewall on the right side of my photo. Distributor vent line going up and over I expect.

M35A3
M37B1
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the models are different. Again my photo album has the illustrations you need.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
DownRange762

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes,

That last photo you posted, showing the 3/4 view of the engine, what manual is that from? I'd like to see the nomenclature of items CC, DD and a couple of others.
M35A3
M37B1
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TM 9-8015-1 Engine & Clutch Manual for the A1. Those manuals are also on this web site on our downloads page. If you haven't downloaded them yet be sure to get the full set:

TM 9-8014 (Replaced the older version TM 9-804A)
TM 9-8015-1
TM 9-8015-2
ORD 9 SNL G-758
As well as:
TM 9-1826A
TM 9-1825B
TM 9-1825E
TM 9-1828A
TM 9-8627

Manuals in this list that aren't on our downloads page or only excerpts are on our download page should be on your surveilance list when perusing Ebay, car shows, flea markets and etc.

DownRange762

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Other manuals Reply with quote

Wes,

Thanks for identifying the relevant manual. I think that will help in choosing the routing for the distributor vent line. I'll look through the rest of your album regarding which port on the vac pump feeds what and also see what the manual has illustrations for.

While the topic line didn't immediately come to mind I did find this thread which covers all my issues so I'll be following that one as well. I haven't even looked at my distributor fresh air intake situation but this other member's odyssey was most illustrative.

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9744&start=0

While I am new to M38s, I'm not new to other military vehicles and have electronic versions of manuals for the U.S. M35A3 and the British Fox (FV-721 CVW) but I'm guessing those would be of little interest here. If there is an interest in me posting those please advise where.[/url]
M35A3
M37B1
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The illustration I posted in my first reply answers the vac pump port question for you.

As you can see the one closest to the block goes around the front of the engine to the intake manifold. This is your "OUT" port. The other port goes up to the wiper "T". This is your "IN" port.

If there is interest in either digital format manuals you have then you can email copies to Ryan and he can upload them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: