Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Transport Ship my Jeep
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transport Ship my Jeep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Events/Transportation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyDoc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Transport Ship my Jeep Reply with quote

Transporting my Jeep (Help me)

Gentlemen, I am a recently retired Soldier (3yrs ago). I live in the Greater Washington DC area and I need to have my M38A1 Jeep and mock 50 cal brought from Des Moines Iowa. Unfortunately I do not have the room for my army trailer to fit in my garage Sad .

I am looking for a recommended company or solid individual to transport the Jeep.

Guys, I need your years of knowledge, I am all ears!

Thanks
eagle64

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: one possiablity Reply with quote

try midwest military out of prior lake Minnesota.
they ship military vehicles all over the us.
John Bizal is a great guy to work with. phone 952-440-8778
I hope this is of some help to you
steve
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a transporter, but have moved my M-38 and M-100 trailer several times...

Question, what exactly are you trying to transport? Your post is sort of vague on what you need moved...

I transport my jeep and trailer on a 16 foot flatbed utility trailer without problems... Have taken it from Oklahoma to Maine and back.

I put the Jeep on first, facing front then using a winch I pull the M-100 up behind the jeep with the tongue sliding under the jeep. This will fit with a bit of room left over. I tow the whole thing with a 1/2 ton Chevy pickup, mileage is not the greatest but it does get the job done...

Hope this helps...
1952 M-100 Strick #104
1951 Willys Wagon (For Sale)
1954 Willys M38A1 201001205
Tornado Alley
Del City, OK
ArmyDoc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Transport Ship my Jeep Reply with quote

Hey everybody, thanks for getting back to me. I may be in luck as a gentlemen on G503 is coming this way.

I love the trailer and using it in parades would really be great, I just don't have the space in my garage, land is expensive by Washington DC.

Thanks!
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to save space in your garage is to store the 1/4 ton trailer on it's end vertically against a wall. They will stand straight up on their rear panel.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
ArmyDoc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Trailer Idea Reply with quote

I like the Idea for the Trailer!

I also want to thank everyone on both sites for your ideas on how to transport the jeep. I have a family member and friend heading this way so I will soon be reunited with my jeep.

Now If I could figure out how to make a simple ammo can radio, life would be perfect.

Thanks everybody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Events/Transportation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: