Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Who do you use to insure your Jeep?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who do you use to insure your Jeep?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lapster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Who do you use to insure your Jeep? Reply with quote

Time to renew insurance and I'm not too sure where to go. Any references and testimonials would be appreciated!
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on use. Most collector car insurance companies want it garaged and used only for parades and club events. No driving to work, getting firewood, etc. Then there is agreed value or book value. Look at them, and also just adding to your home owners company. Very strange stuff going on with them. They think they own you. Full coverage or just liability. More strange rules or no coverage. I'm not happy with any of them anymore. Seems the customer is always wrong now. Good luck. Also, if you tell them it's a military Jeep, some will not talk to you. I just don't get it anymore. Reminds me of the topic all back woods roads are closed unless marked open. John
ROBCDN3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

Try Hagerty insured mine $250 CDN very few limits. Cheers Rob M38A1C CDN3
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine through the USAA affiliate, American Collectors. I think they're around $180 now. I got the renewal recently but haven't looked at it in a week.
I had to send them pictures, we agreed on the valuation, it has to be garaged, and there is some restriction on mileage but I never worry about it because it's more, I think, than I usually do each year. Registering and plating it in MA was the greater determinant. I ended up getting a regular Veteran plate rather than a special Antique or other plate. Less restrictions.
1952 M38
1964 Apollo 5000 GT

De Opresso Liber
rgmutchler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the USAA affiliate for a few years and then went to Continental Western, maybe fewer restrictions but still some. I think the last time I checked they were a little less expensive. Years ago I used Hagerty, I think, for my 55 Chevy. Basically all the collector car insurance companies put a lot of restrictions, such as no 4wd off road, but if all you are looking for is a liability policy for parades and limited driving coverage they do all right. That is all I care about with my M274. But if you want no restrictions go with a major USAA, State Farm, etc and have no restrictions but you will have to talk to them about value prior to insuring your vehicle if you want to be paid it's value if you have a loss.
http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=rgmutchler&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.C. Taylor - same deal as the rest for collector insurance. $120 for $15,000 value.
'51 USMC M100 trailer, '54 M100 trailer, '90 M101a1 trailer
Http://wilfreeman.wordpress.com (M38a1 build blog)
http://m38a1usmc.wordpress.com (USMC M38a1 rebuild blog)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bill_F

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use gulfway as I dont have a garage.
coolpool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just insured with Hagerty, painless and comes with road side assistance. They did ask for a Drivers Abstract which is a driving record for tickets and such. I'm clean so for $330.00 I'm insured for full replacement value. Can't go wrong with that price in Canada.
MVPA #36514
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: