White Powder
-
lilm38
- Contributor

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: Alpine, TX
White Powder
51 M38. Stock 24v I noticed today that my spark plug wells have a fine powder around them. What could cause this? Head gasket? The plugs are new and standard size with the extension adapter which all come as a kit from Midwest Military[image][/image].
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Ryan_Miller
- Site Administrator

- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:00 pm
- Location: Kansas
Re: White Powder
that could be fuel vapors, are the spark plugs torqued correctly? I have seen white corrosion coming from ethanol gas before. Other is moisture pooling slightly around the spark plug locations? That is interesting and I have not seen the corrosion in a patter like that before.
What storage conditions is the jeep in? humidity builds up in closed spaces -especially garages where your daily driver comes in wet from the rain and then the heat from the vehicle warms the garage and increases the humidity. Any bare metal will have some corrosion.
Some may think this extreme but I always store vehicles with a dehumidifier and check it regularly during storage.
What storage conditions is the jeep in? humidity builds up in closed spaces -especially garages where your daily driver comes in wet from the rain and then the heat from the vehicle warms the garage and increases the humidity. Any bare metal will have some corrosion.
Some may think this extreme but I always store vehicles with a dehumidifier and check it regularly during storage.
Ryan Miller
MVPA # 22010
MVPA # 22010
