Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - State & Federal DOT activity affecting our hobby
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State & Federal DOT activity affecting our hobby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: State & Federal DOT activity affecting our hobby Reply with quote

I just recieved this email and I though it needed to be brought to everyone's attention.

Quote:
To: daryl_lehman@hotmail.com; jemery33@sbcglobal.net; wallynan@execpc.com; apeters72@wi.rr.com; robertncarolyn@yahoo.com; jbajczyk3@wi.rr.com
Subject: FW: Summary of DOT proposal
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:44:19 -0500

Daryl,
Please forward this information to all club members that have email. The DOT issue is heating up very quickly. I will have printed versions of the Summary and Hearing notice to include in our mailers on Sunday and I will bring some printed copies of the rest of the information to the Bunker. Jeff Rowsam will be joining us at 1100 Sunday morning for our board meeting.

Thanks.
Carl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: nralifer@hotmail.com; kevin@armycarsusa.com
CC: robertncarolyn@yahoo.com; TScobie@masoncompaniesinc.com; DDoyle9570@aol.com; john.adams-graf@fwpubs.com
Subject: Summary of DOT proposal
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:46:36 -0500

Attached is my summary of the WI DOT proposal for limiting specialty vehicles including post 1968 HMV’s and what we can do and what out plan is.

As discussed this morning, it is vital to our hobby that this information be sent to all our members in WI. Very soon. I agree that we can do it by E mail but the clubs need to also print paper and mail to the non E mail members. I count about 50 in Red arrow and another 50 in the MMVA.

Rick C from Spooner is bringing a paper copy of the MVPA list to me tomorrow at the meeting at Tom Zat’s. I’ll set that up and add other names from the Fox Valley and Antigo area’s. I’m counting on the Red Arrow and MMVA to get this to the members early next week.

Tim Scobie, I’m counting on you to forward this to your membership in Chippewa falls area.

I’m planning on being at Tom Zat’s on Saturday and will attend the MMVA meeting at the Bunker on Sunday.

jeff rowsam

Let me know if this is of serious interest to you and I will see if we can work this permanently into our web site. I haven't decided how to distribute the several PDF files that were attached to this email. In the interim if you wish to read them let me know.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Sam-Helm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes,

What is the gist of the moves by the Legistrators? Will it affect all of us everywhere, or is it limited to one particular area that we would be best to avoid? Confused It is sometimes hard to make a decision with minimal information. . . Wink

1952 M38A1, 1951 M100
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about every MVPA chapter has a person keeping tabs on this stuff. As is stated in my post this info affects Wisconsin. The accompanying emails also mentioned several other states that are considering legislation as well. You would best be served by contacting your nearest MVPA chapter.

Quote:
Virginia
Virginia Military Vehicles Association, Inc. - www.vamva.org

President: Richard Crane - #18234: racrane020146@earthlink.net
17096 Beaverdam Rd., Beaverdam, VA 23015 - (804) 883-5907

Newsletter Editor: Amilia Behrens #31796
11302 Mattoax Ln., Amelia, VA 23002

Meetings: Contact President for time and location.

------ --- ------ --- ------ --- ------ --- ------ --- ------ --- ------ --- ------ --- ------ --- ------ ---

Military Vehicle Preservation Society of Tidewater, Inc.
President: Dave Ostlund - #27136: davelm@embarqmail.com.
121 Lee Cir., Elizabeth City, NC - (252) 264-4631

Newsletter Editor: Roger Capps - #28563: Capps2@cox.net.
3616 Sagewood Dr., Portsmouth, VA 23703 - (757) 484-7660

Meetings: Third Sunday of the month at 2 p.m. call for location.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Sam-Helm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links! I will look into it in the morning. Thanky you again.

1952 M38A1, 1951 M100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: