Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - wiring harness & vent line firewall holes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wiring harness & vent line firewall holes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyMorreale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: wiring harness & vent line firewall holes Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been asked/posted before... Does anyone have a basic diagram showing which M38 firewall holes are used for which wires, vent lines, etc. I'm in the process of installing the wiring harness and confused by which holes I should use compared to those that the PO was using. The illustrations in the manual are somewhat vague about this. Thanks!
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

There is a firewall document on the storage yahoo site. I should have all of the storage site information on here by or around Christmas. The yahoo sites will then be shut down.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/willysmseriescjv35/

Click on the files section on the left hand side.

I would post a photo, but mypicturegallery.com has cut me off and says I must subscribe to post photos now. Crying or Very sad

As a side note: when we get the files onto this site, they will be grouped together and only available for members. Members will also get acess to post a few photos of thier project onto the website.
TonyMorreale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan - I spoke too soon in the email I sent you. I've searched the Yahoo Groups site and cannot find the firewall photo/diagram. I'm sure I just overlooked it. Is it contained in a file or folder under another name? Tony
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

Were you able to login to the storage website? On the left hand side of the main homepage there is a list

photos
links
database

Click on the files and then there should be a list of PDF files. These PDF files take a few minutes to load up and it may appear at first that it may not come up, but wait just a little bit as the files are rather large.

Let me know if you can't get in. I would email it to you, but like I said the file is rather large with all the photos and everything.
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan,

Is this PDF file part of a publication you are working on???

I tried to print it so I could take it to the garage and printing is not allowed...
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal,

That document is part of a much larger body panel document for hole and bracket location that I have been working for a while.

I have thought about putting everything together for a publication to sell for non-profit, where the proceeds would go to M38 research and information preservation.

There is a lot of factory information that could be more easily shared if it were in a digital format. That requires obtaining a large digtital scanner (blue prints, etc.) and a lot of time.

To accomplish this takes some money for a digital scanner or a lot more money to pay someone to professionally scan all the stuff. A lot of the factory information is lost, but there is a fair amount of civillian and military information that could be much more readily available in a digitial format. Not to mention preserving the stuff in digital format vs. letting it rot away.

I have compiled, organized, researched, photographed a lot of information on M38 factory specifications from body panel brackets/holes to correct parts. The information is by no means complete, but there is more there than is available hard drive on the 3 yahoo storage sites and that is why I have not added much more to the yahoo sites than what is there now.

The documents that are on the yahoo storage sites are not complete and I have added a lot more photos and info to those.

I have been compiling research from numerous sources. Several individuals have been very helpful in providing information and photos.

I don't think and don't care about making a profit off information. However, if we can use it as a fund raiser in order to get much more access in a digital format of factory information, I think that would be great.

What do you think? Would people buy a book (with a lot of information, but by no means the answer to every question) on the M38 knowing the profits would go to preserving documents related to WO civilian and military vehicles?

Bear in mind this publication is still a ways from being finished.
TonyMorreale

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I must be blind, stupid, or both. When I go to "files" on the Yahoo Groups site I see a list of the following:

Bob W's Tips
My Links
Radio Jeeps
Vendor's
Wes' Shop Notes...
ending with "We hate to see you leave" and the membership pending letter

I don't see/can't find any pdf files relating to the firewall holes. Most of these appear to be word docs or jpegs, except for the pdf's under radio jeeps...

Hal or Ryan - can you PM or email me the direct link to the firewall pdf file?

Sorry to be such a pain...
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

That is the original Yahoo website. The link I have provided in the above posting should take you to the yahoo storage site that has the file with the firewall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: