Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Photos
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

Photos are great but we need to police ourselves. They take up a lot of computer main frame space and that is space that is paid for by the web site owner. We still encourage members to use our Photo Page and use photos in their posts but we ask you to remember the site is free to you but someone pays for it.

In your photo albums please stick with photos of items directly related to this web site's theme Willys M Jeeps. Avoid duplification. Limit sizes of uploaded photos to a file size of 250K. This is the proper place for you to show your restoration's progress.

In the forum postings keep the photos used to a minimum in quantity and size to make your point. Individual photos used in forum posts are not to be any larger than 125K. If you need a larger reference photo then enter a link to it in your post. If you are using a post as a running documentary on your resto then only use the thumbnails for your photos and link to your photo album for the full size photos.

We appreciate your efforts to keep this web site affordable. Smile

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
jeepers52

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Wes. I get a lot out of this place on the web, I wold hate to see anything happen to make it go away.

Thanks again

1952 M38 Jeep
1952 M38 Jeep (project)
1945 T-3 Bantam trailer
RICKG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: how to reduce photo sizes Reply with quote

Wes, i gain a great deal of knowledge daily from this site and truly
wish to follow the photo size parameters, trouble is i dont have a clue
on what to look for as to sizing photos. Perhaps you could provide a
short tutorial for those of us less enlightened?? Thx for all you do..
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can save it to your desktop and re-size it when you save it. You should see somewhere info telling you how big it is - kilobyte or megabyte-wise. That should help keep it in check. Then just upload from that new file.
I'm sure Wes or Ryan or somehow else has another method but that's what has worked for me.
RICKG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always post my photos to my Willys-M photo album then transfer them
to a relevant post when i need to.. I think when i put photos in my album
they automatically resize to the sites desired size parameters but i cant
be sure..
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have a photo work program on your PC to change the format, or size of a photo. Windows and Adobe both offer many photo working programs. Some programs show size by file size or bites of info which is what I use to establish the cutoff size of 125K file size. Some offer the width and height size for dimensioning the photo. Your computer will always be able to tell you the file size of any photo you have on it. You can usually just hold your cursor over the file title a few seconds and the file size and status will appear. Or you can right click on the photo file title and left click on "Properties" for the file size.

I have used Photo Suite for over 15 years for my photo working program with very few issues.

Also just about every digital camera has a selectable photo taking file size or as it may often be called Photo Quality selection. The better quality the photo the larger the file.

The other trick is to crop the unnecessary parts of the photo so only the primary object is used.

Another area that can make or break your photo use are the web sites you use to store them IE Photo Bucket and Webshots. These photo sites can be tailored to your needs by providing you selectable photo sizes for referencing to another web site by URL. Our own web site photo albums offer three sizes for referencing by URL which are thumb tab, 1/2 size and full size.

I cannot provide a step by step tutorial that will fit all PC's, all programs and all browsers. This is an issue where you must educate yourself to share web space fairly.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website will automatically re-size photos to a certain degree. I was reminded of this the other day when I was uploading some photos from my new camera. The website sat there for an hour thinking about it. I then canceled and resized the photos to a much smaller format (50Kb) and it uploaded with no problems.

I am glad you guys are getting good info from the website as that is what it is all about.

Wes has been doing a lot of work on the membership admissions to keep out the spammers.

Thanks to everyone! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: