Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Need a couple of dimentions from a few folks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a couple of dimentions from a few folks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again folks.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Chad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Bumper length clue Reply with quote

My original on my 9/52 A1 was the shorter, I needed to replace it and during my research I came across that the shorter bumpers were m38’s and were used on the assembly line for the A1’s until they simply ran out which was in October 52. At that time they switched to the longer bumper which I guess would actually be correct for the A1 according to original design? Where did I see this tidbit you ask? Good question. I thought it was on this forum, maybe. All I recall is thinking “ah there’s my answer as to why there are 2 different lengths, mine is September and my original was the proper length for that month/year, problem solved” it was a plausible explanation and I ordered the shorter version.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite that way. They were continurd from the M38 to the M38A1 in 1952 just like many other parts were. Usually these parts were identified as used thru a certain serial then replaced with another part number. Often they parts manual just shows the early part number superseded by the newer part number. Military manual writers were not always gifted crystal ball troops. Sometimes they were human and made errors or many times they did not always enter the data exactly the same way each time. When you sit down and study carefully the many entries of parts and their ID terms and numbers you will see several variations of their presentation. Some were made by different writers, some were later updates to the manual. The page in the ORD 9 SNL G-758 that adresses the bumper bar and the radiator guard (Grill) are an excellent example of the differences in presentation in the same book:

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: